Burning a candle can offer several benefits, including:
- Creating a Relaxing Atmosphere: Burning a candle can create a warm and calming atmosphere, which can help to reduce stress and promote relaxation. The soft glow and gentle flicker of a candle can also provide a peaceful ambiance.
- Aromatherapy: Candles come in a variety of scents, and the aroma from burning a scented candle can have a positive impact on mood and emotions. Different scents have different effects, such as lavender for relaxation, or citrus for invigoration.
- Enhancing Decor: Candles can add to the decor of a room, providing a decorative touch and creating an inviting ambiance. They can be used to create a cozy or romantic atmosphere.
- Air Purification: Some candles, particularly those made from natural ingredients, can help purify the air by releasing negative ions that bind to pollutants and allergens. This can help to reduce indoor air pollution and promote a healthier environment.
- Mindfulness: Lighting a candle can be a mindful practice that encourages us to slow down and focus on the present moment. Taking a few moments to light a candle and enjoy its scent and ambiance can help us feel more relaxed.
Overall, burning a candle can offer several benefits, from creating a relaxing atmosphere to enhancing decor and promoting mindfulness.
About our hand poured Sweetwater Decor candles we carry in our Calgary Candle shop:
If you’re interested in our candles, here is some information you may find helpful:
- Size: Our candles have a volume of 11oz, a net weight of 213g, and measure 3 x 3 x 3.5 inches.
- Burn Time: You can enjoy our candles for over 60 hours of burn time.
- Wick: Our candles feature a 100% cotton wick that is free of lead and zinc.
- Wax: Our candles are made with clean-burning proprietary soy wax blend and are hand poured. They’re all available in neutral, versatile vessels to elevate your candle decor in every room of the home.
- Fragrance: Our candles feature premium fragrance oil, in some blends essential oils are used.
- Safety: Our candles are gluten-free, phthalate-free, non-toxic, and cruelty-free.
How to care for your candle:
Proper candle care is essential for safety and optimal performance. Here are some tips to ensure your candle burns safely and effectively:
- Trim the Wick: Before lighting your candle, always trim the wick to 1/4″. This prevents soot buildup and ensures an even burn.
- Burn to the Edge: To prevent wax tunneling, let the wax pool reach the edge of the jar each time you burn your candle.
- Burn Time: Burn your candle no more than 4 hours at a time and do not burn it when there is less than 1/2″ of wax remaining.
- Safe Placement: Keep your candle away from fans, open windows, hot surfaces, children, and pets.
- Never Leave Unattended: Finally, never leave a burning candle unattended. Always extinguish the flame before leaving the room.
What can I do if my candle has tunnelled?
If your candle has tunnelled, meaning that the wax has burned down the centre of the candle and left wax along the edges, there are several things you can do to fix it:
- Trim the wick: A wick that is too long can cause tunneling. Trim the wick to 1/4 inch before relighting the candle.
- Burn it longer: Burn the candle long enough for the wax pool to reach the edges of the container. This will help to even out the wax and prevent tunneling.
- Use a candle warmer: If you have a candle warmer, you can melt the wax around the edges of the container to even it out. This will help the wax to burn evenly in the future.
- Heat the container: Place the candle in a warm oven for a few minutes or use a hair dryer to warm up the edges of the wax. This will help the wax to melt and even out.
- Scrape the wax: If the tunneling is severe, you can scrape the wax along the edges of the container and use it as a wax melt. Place the scraped wax into a wax warmer and enjoy the fragrance.
By taking these steps, you can fix a tunneling candle and ensure that you get the most out of your candle’s burn time.
What is the longest I can burn my candle safety?
It is recommended to burn a candle for no longer than 3-4 hours at a time. This is because burning a candle for an extended period of time can cause the wick to become too long and lead to the formation of a large flame, which can be a fire hazard.
Do not burn your candle with less than 1/2″ of wax remaining. Lighting a candle without enough wax can cause the jar to overheat.
Never leave a lit candle unattended.