Hey, I'm Jenn
The dream of owning her own business to channel her passion for fashion, design and faith was something Jenn had a desire to do. She has a natural eye for home decor, a quick wit and a genuine personality which not only makes her perfect for this business, but also the best dinner host!
Born and raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba she studied business but didn’t stay put in Winnipeg for long. Calgary was calling her name, so she moved out west and landed a job in the events industry where she flourished and met some of her best friends.
There was one thing missing…. until the day she ‘bumped’ into Lucas at a rooftop charity event. Between his mad guitar skills and confident swagger, it didn’t take Jenn long to fall for Lucas and they were married in 2019. (Now she is also thankful for his marketing and web design know-how!)
Most of what goes down at Watermark is pretty collaborative, but Jenn puts particular focus on product selection, photography and managing community touch points across the website, newsletter and social media.
5 Things You Might Not Know About Jenn
- She has a total of 34 real plants in her house. Some may say that’s border line crazy plant lady status. They might be right but she wouldn’t have it any other way!
- She has a “voice” for her dog Nessie. Some will relate, others may just think that’s plain weird. She’s cool with it.
- She loves video games, whether it’s playing them herself or watching her husband play, she’s into it. She and Carrie used to play Super Mario 64 and Zelda back in the day until the wee hours. Those were the days.
- She worked for a trade show company as a show manager for 11 years, but was laid off due to covid. Bitter sweet it landed her here!
- She met her husband on a roof (Ride the Roof) that is – a charity fundraiser her good friend Jessica Janzen put on to raise money for the Lewiston Foundation. The foundation is focused on raising funds for treatments and finding a cure for Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
Hey, I'm Carrie
Carrie is a devoted Mom and ‘Dog Mom’ to her two boys – Corydon and Whytey (furbaby). She was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba and enjoyed competitive soccer and figure skating growing up. Carrie earned a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Manitoba, with a double major in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. She is blessed that her career path has allowed her to pursue both of those passions!
After graduation, Carrie moved to Calgary, Alberta to spread her wings and start her career in sales and marketing. She has since enjoyed a long and diverse marketing career in the B2B software industry. But there is nothing quite like starting your own company – so Carrie is most excited about bringing Watermark to life with her long-time BFF!
Most of what goes down at Watermark is pretty collaborative, but Carrie puts particular focus on copywriting, as well as the accounting, finance and strategic aspects of running a business.
Carrie loves her work but on the weekend you’ll find her hanging out with friends and family, playing sports or staying active outside, and dreaming about the day we can travel again!
5 Things You Might Not Know About Carrie
- She is a popcorn connoisseur. Has popcorn often … okay fine, everyday.
- During dog walks she loves to listen to her favourite pastors and churches including Bill Johnson at Bethel, Mike Todd at Transformation Church and Shawn Bolz.
- She’s pretty optimistic. Her signature phrase is “I’m sure it will be fine.”
- She is the BEST story teller! When she gets together with girlfriends it’s only a matter of time before Carrie gets everyone laughing.
- She likes to geek out on videos games and documentaries. She’s got some fond memories of pulling all nighters’ playing N64 with Jenn in their teens
“Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
Psalms 139:23-24 NIV
SEO + Web
Hey, I'm Lucas
Lucas grew up in High River, Alberta. During his twenties, he moved to Australia to study music at Hillsong College for 4 years. While he enjoyed the heat and immersive music culture there, circumstances led him back to Alberta where he served as a Worship Pastor for C3 Church and helped with the family business – a ranch for boarding horses, some 50 at a time.
Now, his days of shoveling poop are far behind him, as his love for music and other passions have led him to Calgary where he enjoys spending time with his wife, Jenn.
In his spare time, he likes playing video games (Jenn’s a fan when he plays Uncharted), traveling (preferably somewhere hot), and jamming to old school Green Day and Oasis tracks (amongst other songs he’s written).
At Watermark, Lucas manages a lot of the behind-the-scenes action related to SEO and the website. He somehow finds time for this amidst running his own SEO business helping companies increase sales through paid and organic search strategies.
5 Things You Might Not Know About Lucas
- He probably had the world’s oldest cat, who lived for 24 years. Her name was Grandma Cat, as it should be.
- He is an SEO master by day and a musician by, well … afternoon, night and sometimes in the morning.
- Actually likes writing things like songs, articles and books.
- He believes that sour cream is not a condiment, it is the vehicle for all food.
- There’s something about working on his laptop in coffee shops that he loves, he’ll make the drive out to Banff just to work in a coffee shop for the day.
- He loves the smell of the ocean and should probably be a tour guide somewhere in Cabo.
- Other projects – 15degreesne.com – Privateersgarage.com –
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.
1 Peter 4:10